Our Team in Rieti

Our Team in Rieti
The US Team and Crew

NEWS OF NOTE

FRANCOIS PIN WINS COMPETITION DAY 8 IN WORLD CLASS!

MARK KEENE WINS STANDARD CLASS COMPETITION DAY 2

Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11, 2008--Official Day #5

It is a little bit difficult to write this report every day. The contest organizers have such an excellent website reporting the tasks, the weather and regular updates of the launch that not much is left to report. I hope you have been going to the links shown in this blog. As a matter of fact, we will all sit here at Giorgio's with our computers and regularly pull up the scores for the day. The internet and their website are just top notch! So I am relegated to reporting some of the more team related events.

But I would like to announce that Pat had a very respectable 4th place finish in the World Class today. He has had a couple of disappointing days up to this point and it is good to see him back on his game today.

Yesterday Chip landed out and today Manfred also suffered the same fate. Paul is planning on writing up his retrieve and posting it to this blog. I just received a phone call from Manfred that he had hooked up with his crew and were on their way home. It's about 10pm here.

I think I'll cut this report short right now, as this Team Captain is pretty much losing steam. I do plan on telling you about this crazy television show that we see many times when we are at dinner. But I've been advised that I should put some thought into it's description, because it is rather unique and probably would be banned in many locales. But it is so outrageous that it is funny.

I also owe you a picture of the chicken feeding--easter egg hunt--that would be the retrieval of the tow ropes at the end of the launch. 110 of them in a single pile!

And I might also tell you about getting Jonathan 12 points rather than 0 for yesterday!

Ciao
Richard

No comments: